I might be tempted to buy more modern vinyl if…
1. I always received a cd version or a copy to download as part of the package.
3. I didn’t have to pay silly prices compared to CDs and downloads. Unless I got a cd or download with it, of course.
4. Replacing my record deck didn’t mean my budget only stretched to something half decent that still needed the drive-belt re-threading just to change the speed.
5. And with my new deck I didn’t have to mess around with counterweights and “anti-skate weights” just to make the needle stay on the record.
6. I genuinely thought the sound quality was better (when the needle stayed on, that is).
7. Given the prices, someone could convince me that the artist benefitted more from a vinyl purchase.
8. There was less snobbery about vinyl.
9. It didn’t feel like the resurgence still might be a fad?